Effective date: March 30, 2023
Community among our Jammers and Listeners is our priority, so we thank you for taking the time to read our Community Guidelines. Our goal with these guidelines is to help Jam creators (“Jammers”) and listeners understand the types of content that we’re likely to recommend to others. Additionally, we want to make you aware of the content we find inappropriate that could result in deleted content, disabled accounts, or other restrictions. Please also familiarize yourself with the terms of service that you agreed to when you registered with Jam. If you have any questions or feedback, please email email@example.com.
We may change these Guidelines from time to time. If we do, we will notify you by posting the updated version.
Jam will recommend and promote content that aligns with our Community Guidelines
Listeners choose what to include in their playlists; Jam may also make recommendations of Jams or specific episodes. When we make recommendations, we look for content that is aligned with our community guidelines.
We want to be transparent about how we’ll choose the content we’ll recommend, and how we determine what content we won’t allow on the platform. We are always curious to hear your feedback and input as we evolve these guidelines. If you are unsure about your own content, or other content you find on Jam and want to ask, please email us.
Our core values
- Focus on what’s important. Jammers and listeners always come first. Jam is a safe, engaging, and inclusive way for everyone to communicate.
- Lead with compassion. We are intentional, wise, and compassionate. We’re grounded by humility and driven by ambition.
- Fiercely curious. We’re not afraid to challenge the status quo. We ask important questions, and innovate to find the best answers.
- Trusted Communicators. Communication is at the heart of everything we do. We build trust through transparency and integrity.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re often irreverent and always respectful.
- Meaningful inclusion. We believe that diversity is a must. We embrace differences and strive to create a safe space where everyone feels seen and valued.
The best Jams are authentic, safe, and trustworthy
Audio is a deeply personal format, and authenticity leads to trust and connection with listeners.
- Use your own voice (figuratively and literally): tell your stories, relate your experiences, own your own opinions.
- Be original: share your ideas, your insights. When you adapt or tell others’ stories, be sure to give credit.
Staying safe applies to what you talk about, how you talk about it, and where you have the conversation.
- Try to be constructive: being critical is fine; being critical while being constructive and fair promotes safe and healthy conversation which we encourage.
- Use Jam’s communications tools to interact with listeners; our automated and human review systems help keep everyone safe.
- Report anything you find offensive or inappropriate for Jam.
Audio has a tremendous capacity to build trust within a community. We encourage Jammers to build trust be being transparent and engage with the audience:
- Talk about what you know; be clear when you don’t know.
- If you have an agenda, be clear about it.
- If you have sources, share them (the Notes feature is excellent for this).
- Ask questions of your listeners, and respond to their questions.
When you create a Jam and post it in our community, there are also things we won’t tolerate.
First and foremost, you must comply with the law. If your content violates the laws of your own country or the United States, we may be compelled by law to remove it, or choose to do so ourselves.
Additionally, our Community Guidelines are here to clarify other types of content that don’t belong on Jam. Violating these guidelines will result in your content being removed, your account being disabled, or other restrictions.
This is not an exhaustive list. We may add to it and/or modify it over time. If you see content you find objectionable but doesn’t match any of the following descriptions then please tell us so that we can review it and determine its appropriateness for Jam.
- Adult Content. Jam is a place for all ages and anyone could hear your content. Do not include pornography or graphic sexual descriptions in your audio.
- Hate. Do not spread hate, endorse hateful activities, or target others with hateful content.
- Impersonation. Don’t misleadingly impersonate (or misrepresent your affiliation with) any person or organization. If you intend to use Jam for satire or otherwise impersonate without intent to misinform, make this clear in your content and in your profile.
- Misinformation. Do not knowingly spread misinformation and take care when relaying information from other sources. We take a particularly dim view of misinformation concerning elections, climate, and protected groups.
- Private information. Don’t use Jam to share private information (yours, or others’) including personal email addresses, physical addresses, or phone numbers.
- Spam. Don’t use Jam to inundate listeners with inauthentic, promotional, or automated content. Jam is a platform to communicate information and ideas of value.
Thank you for taking the time to review these important guidelines. If you have any questions or have suggestions for continuing to evolve the Jam community, we’re listening.